We’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
We were nominated by the very kind and sweet xiaohuamaobiji, who blogs over at Little Calico’s Journal. She is also a fellow writer, reader and food lover.
Thank you xiaohuamaobiji for the nomination!
We have some work to do to earn this nomination, so please read on to see how well we met this challenge.
Here are the rules
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
OUR answers to xiaohuamaobiji’s Questions
1. What’s your favorite cake?
Lora: My favorite is yellow cake/chocolate buttercream frosting. But I’m also partial to a walnut torte…. Tricia is a professional cake chef, so I’m dying to hear her favorite, maybe she’ll even include a couple of photos?
Tricia: Ha! My favorite is chocolate hazelnut. Big sigh. No photos to share because phone got crushed. But am making a naked wedding cake in two weeks and will be sure to take picture and share.
2. Where do you find inspiration for writing?
Tricia: I would say everything and anything. Music is a big one. Once though inspiration struck in the shower and I had to scribble on the shower walls the ideas came so fast. 5 minutes and plotted entire book!
Lora: My inspiration comes from every day things, a simple comment I overhear at a coffee shop, a photo in a magazine or even a news story will get my creativity flowing.
3. What is the meaning of life?
Lora: For me, it’s experiencing every moment to its best and fullest potential.
Tricia: Finding joy in everything you do and always, always look for the good, whether in people, or situation.
4. If you could have a coffee break with an author, who would it be?
Tricia: Ohhh….Tough one there. But I think it would be Julie Ann Walker since she is my newest favorite author though I have several.
Lora: I’m torn – I have 3 for very different reasons: Stephen King, Nora Roberts and Larry McMurtry.
5. If you can be a type of dessert, what would you be?
Lora: Flourless chocolate cake with warm raspberry sauce
Tricia: A Gingersnap cookie
OUR NOMINATIONS ARE
- Healtherly at Heatherly Bell
- Laura at Blue Bells Trilogy
- Xiaohuamaobiji at Little Calico’s Journal
- Lora at BlogLor
- Jamie at Jamie Raintree
And 5 questions created for you
- If you could go anywhere in the world for one month and live like a local, where would you go?
- If it were possible to travel back in time and meet one person, who would you like to meet?
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be and why?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do outside your comfort zone, but been afraid to try?